Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Treat!

I did fairly well this Memorial Day. Knowing I would be tempted to splurge I decided to go into it a little more prepared by bringing a desert I knew wasn't bad for me to eat. It also allowed me to know how many WW points I was consuming. I made my now famous WW chocolate pudding pie. It's a recipe I found in a Weight Watchers magazine years ago and added to my recipe book. Being a picky eater I am even more picky when it comes to desert. I don't like "diet food" or deserts and sweets that taste like "diet food".
This is a great little recipe that's quick and easy. It incorporates low fat and sugar free ingredients but you would never know it. Case and point I serve it all the time at family gatherings and there are no leftovers. Just as I did yesterday at our Memorial Day barbecue and everyone loved it. The trick is though not to tell people its a WW desert or they assume it tastes bad without even trying. My boyfriend loves it and he doesn't ever opt for a "lite" "diet" or "fat free" option of anything. The recipe is easy pudding, cool whip & ready made pie crust. I added some colored sugar on top to get in the festive spirit. It is a great sweet treat especially in the summer.


5-Minute Double Layer Chocolate Pie


- 1 Ready crust reduced fat graham cracker pie crust (6oz)

- 2 Pkgs (4 serving size) sugar free, fat-free chocolate flavor instant pudding mix

- 1 1/4 Cups cold milk

- 1 Tub (80z) fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided


1. Beat milk, pudding mix, and half of the whipped topping in medium bowl with wire whisk 1 minute. (Mixture will be thick.)

2. Spread in crust. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.

3. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

4. Garnish as desired.

Makes 8 servings

4 POINTS per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment