Sunday, May 30, 2010

Snacking

I am not big on vegetables. I am actually quite a picky eater, which makes eating healthy & loosing weight even harder. I do like certain fruits and have over time incorporated them into my everyday diet. I try to branch out and try new things now and then but I am usually still left with only a handful of fruits and vegetables that I will eat and enjoy. Bananas, Apples, Grapes, Watermelon, Berries to name a few. I have come to enjoy my signature fruit smoothies (WW 2p) made with one of my weight watchers yogurt a little water and about a cup of frozen berries (Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries). I top it off with a little fat free cool whip and it's a great sweet desert, especially in spring and summer. I also always bring extra fruit to snack on late in the afternoon at work, apples, grapes. Lately I have been bringing a little container of grapes and strawberries that are a perfect fix a few hours after lunch when I start to get hungry again & instead of sub coming to the sweets laid out in the break room the fruit acts as a sweet treat and I know I am staying on track which makes me feel good. With tomorrow being Memorial Day I know I will come face to face with many sweets and eats that will throw me off my game. As I try my hardest to eat in moderation and pick healthy options I know the best thing I can snack on is sweet fruit to help me keep the cookies and cakes at bay. I recently came across as sweet little web page that lays out the fruits and vegetables that are in season during certain months and seasons. http://www.sysindia.com/kitchen/svegis.html
It definitely comes in handy when at the grocery store. In season = Less $$ AND if your lucky enough to live near local farmers or farmers markets you should definitely check them out especially in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment