Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Staying on Track!

Oh how easy it is to fall back into old patterns!!

I have been dealing with a lot of pain in my jaw recently. My dentist believes it to be TMJ and I have since received a guard to wear, but everyday activity seems to be causing me more and more pain. And I'm talking cant get out of bed pain, migraines, sharp pains from my ears to the back of my head etc etc. So I decided not to go to the gym for the past two weeks and this week, since I am seeing my dentist and my regular doctor next week.
All of a sudden I realized that I have cut pretty much all of the activity out of my life. I am used to going to the gym 3-4 times a week and meeting with a trainer one of those days. I make myself go during lunch when I have energy so I don't make excuses when I'm exhausted at the end of the day and skip it. Now not only am I not going to the gym but I find myself becoming lazy.

Example One- I noticed the last few days that I have gone back to taking the elevator at work. I work on the second floor!
Example 2- I have not gone for a walk or bike ride since I cut out the gym.
Example 3- I have only used my Wii fit once since cutting out the gym.

I think its funny that one little act can change so much. I am still on track with my eating, actually I have been very good lately in that department. But I find myself being more and more lazy and making more and more excuses instead of just getting up and being active. I know it's hard we work all day and come home exhausted and just want to sit and relax for a little, But we have to put in the effort if we want the results. So starting today it was back to the stairs for me and hopefully I can continue to get exercise in at least 3-4 days a week while I'm taking a break from the gym.

Have you ever had a similar situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment