Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday's Tip! One Day At A Time

Take it one day at a time!

Starting a new healthy way of living, a new exercises regime or changing your diet can seem like a lot of work.  Sometimes it can seem like too much work.  Focusing on all that goes into it or on everything that is going to change can discourage you from achieving your goals. Even two years into my healthy living makeover I have to stop and remember to take it one day at a time.  Especially when I buckle down and really try to focus on eating healthy. 

Just look at the present day, the present meal, the present day at the gym.  Focusing on each day gives me a goal to work for that day and leaves me feeling satisfied and accomplished when I go to bed at night.  Looking far into the future makes it seem like what you are trying to accomplish is impossible, like you have taken on such a huge endeavour that you will never be able to succeed. 

Don't give up if you veer off your path either.  Accept that you may indulge on a meal when out to dinner with friends, skip the gym for a few days or even fall off track.  It's bound to happen here or there especially if you plan on making life long changes.  The worst thing to do is throw in the towel and give up.  If you do, you waste all the good you have already accomplished and you cheat yourself out of achieving success.

7 comments:

  1. HI, Your post caught my eye today. Very nice! Would you like to do a guest blog for my site? I would love to have you. You can email me meagbeth2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! My family takes weekends off to indulge in some yummy desserts. The nice thing is that desserts are even becoming healthier in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, this came at just the right time. I need to remember that, One day at a time. I know this too. Thank you.
    I'm your newest follower. Thank you for stopping by. Take care and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome advice, its so easy to focus so much on the big picture & make the whole task of losing weight & getting fit very daunting. Love your blog, thanks for becoming my newest follower & leading me back here!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete