Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Homemade Clean Granola!

Yes its here! Another ridiculously easy and delicious clean recipe from my kitchen!  I love sprinkling granola on my yogurt in the morning or even as a snack, but I hate everything that is added to store bought granola. For instance preservatives, processed sugar, artificial coloring, corn syrup, Soy lecithin, hydrogenated oils, etc! Even the healthiest of store bought products contain some unwanted ingredients. For a while now I have been making my own granola at home and I love it! I know exactly what is in it and it is less expensive compared to store bought products.  I prefer a nut free granola, but this recipe can be adjusted to incorporate nuts, seeds and more.  I love this particular recipe because it is great for everyone.  It is gluten free, nut free, grain free and contains no processed sugars.




What you need:
Large Mixing Bowl
Large Baking Sheet
Parchment Paper
Spoon or Spatula










In a large mixing combine all your ingredients.

  • 3 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
  • 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Grape Seed Oil
  • 1 Tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 2-3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
  • 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
  • 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal 


Once your granola is evenly mixed spread it out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 300'F for 45 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes.


Again if you prefer you can add nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, whatever your heart desires!

Tip: If you have flax seeds you can grind them in a coffee grinder or small chopper to make flax seed meal.

 ENJOY!


1 comment: