Saturday, October 24, 2015

Homemade Clean Apple Crisp!

Recently I have been overloaded with apples after an Apple Picking adventure, so I decided to create some new fall recipes.  First I took on the beloved Apple Crisp, or as some may refer to it, Apple Crumble.  At first I wasn't sure if I could create a Healthy Apple Crisp that would still taste great, so while I made my new creation I had my husband make a traditional apple crisp.  Once done we let our family be the judges!  Not only did everyone love my Apple Crisp, they actually preferred it to the traditional recipe.  Now, nothing against my husband's cooking skills, but I think the clean ingredients made the difference.  Below is my newest recipe for delicious Apple Crisp that is Gluten free, Grain Free, Dairy Free and contains no processed sugar!

For this recipe I used 6 apples of different varieties.  1 Jonathan, 1 Golden Delicious, 2 Red Delicious and 2 Cortland. I also did not peel the apples.  After Coring the apples I sliced them into small chucks and placed them in a medium sized mixing bowl.

  Filling:
  • 6 Apples
  • 2 Tsp Cinnamon 
  • 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 2 Tsp Raw Honey
  • 1 Tsp Pure Maple Syrup 









 Combine all the filling ingredients in your bowl and stir until all the apples are evenly coated.

  

 Once your apples are coated spread them out into a large baking dish.


Topping:
  • 2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
  • 1 Cup  Almond Flour
  • 2 Tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
  • 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
  • 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup



Combine all the ingredients for the topping in your bowl and stir until mixed.

 

Crumble the topping over your apples until evenly coated.

 

 Bake the Apple Crisp at 350' for 45 Minutes.


ENJOY!








2 comments: