So what to do with the left over candy? Well I found a few neat ideas that I thought I would pass along to you guys.
- Send it to Operation Gratitude. It goes into care packages for U.S. troops and to children in the communities they patrol. Ship by Dec. 5 to Operation Gratitude/California Army National Guard, 17330 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91406. Attn: Charlie Othold.
- Some dentists sweeten the incentive for kids to give up candy by buying it for a $1 a pound. Find one in your area here.
- Homeless shelters or fire departments in your area might accept candy donations, too. Call and ask.
- You can melt and use chocolate for baking purposes, and save hard candies, gumdrops and M&Ms to decorate gingerbread houses in December. (if you can store it and not be tempted)
- You can make a candy bouquet. You could make a sweet get well gift, birthday gift, centerpiece, thinking of you gift, hostess gift, etc