Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesdays Tip: Apple Cinnamon Water!

So I came across this idea when my father posted a link on my Facebook wall last week. It claimed this beverage would boost your metabolism naturally with this zero calories. They claimed it is a detox drink that will give you tons of energy and help you loose weight if you drink 8 oz before each meal.

I'm not sure how much of all that I believe but the beverage itself sounded interesting so I figured I would give it a try.  It tasted great and now I continually make it.  It is what I call a  "great fall water".  I usually always add lemon to my water and in the summer time often add limes and oranges.  This is a great way to change up my water for the colder months and it has great flavor.  It is also a fun festive way to serve water at the dinner table when you have company.


You need:
1 Apple thinly sliced
1 Cinnamon Stick

A Pitcher

Drop apple slices in the bottom of the pitcher add the cinnamon stick and cover with ice about 1/2 way up then add water. Store in refrigerator.




Since I really only drink water I tend to go through a pitcher a day.  I find that I can use the same apples and cinnamon stick for a few days.  Eventually the apple slices will begin to disintegrate and need to be replaced.  


Tip: If there is not enough cinnamon flavor for you add another cinnamon stick.  For more flavor you can also mix in some powdered cinnamon if you don't mind a bunch of floating specs in your water.


Would you try this "fall water"?

No comments:

Post a Comment