Sun Butter is a butter made from sunflower seeds. This is a great addition to your diet if you eat Paleo or Primal. Below are the simple steps for how to make Sun Butter.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ Tbsp macadamia nut oil
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- Grind sunflower seeds in a food processor until you have a fine sunflower meal.
- Blend in oil until you have a peanut butter type consistency.
- Blend in maple syrup.
- Continue to blend until you have the consistency you prefer. You may need to add a bit more oil.
Tip: You can also add more syrup for a sweeter flavor.
I keep my Sun Butter in a glass container but you can use any air tight container and just store in your cupboard or pantry.
Would you make sun butter?