Fried green tomatoes are a great Paleo breakfast dish and are easy to make. Whether you eat a Primal diet or not there is no denying this is a tasty way to cook up a tomato. Here is the Hungry For Living recipe for Paleo fried green tomatoes. Obviously you can use white flour in place of the coconut flour if you don't practice the Paleo Lifestyle.
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 green tomato
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut flour
- Salt and pepper
- Cut clean tomatoes in 1/8 inch slices
- Whip up eggs in a shallow dish or bowl
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat, set aside and allow to cool.
- Cover tomato slices in the egg wash, then dredge in coconut flour.
- Place covered tomato slices in the skillet and fry them in the remaining bacon grease over medium heat for about two to three minutes on each side.
- Crumble up bacon slices.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and top with crumbled bacon.
Would you fry up this tasty dish for breakfast?