Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Homemade Citrus Soda!

Tired of drinking glass after glass of bland water? Since I don't drink soft drinks or fruit juices filled with tons of sugar and calories I am always coming up with new ways to enjoy water!  Don't get me wrong, I love water! Drinking water comes with so many benefits, I think the only disadvantage would be like anything else too much could kill you..lol.. seriously don't worry, that would be hard to do. Anyways.. sometimes you want something different maybe with carbonation or a little flavor! Like with my Apple Cinnamon Water here is another fun way to spruce up your everyday water, this time with carbonated water. Citrus Soda!


All You Need:
  • Bottle of carbonated water
  • Pitcher
  • Sliced citrus fruit (I like to use Oranges, Lemons & Limes)
To Make:


  •  Slice fruit and place in bottom of pitcher
  • Fill with carbonated water
  • Cover with ice
*You can drink it right away but the longer it sits the more citrus flavor it will have


* I actually make this beverage two different ways, you can also just add the fruit to your bottle of water (after removing some of the water of course) which makes it portable.

Tip- If you leave the fruit in your water too long it will take on a unpleasant rind taste.  If you don't finish your soda within 24 hours remove the fruit to keep the flavor from turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment