Saturday, January 14, 2012

Grilled Shrimp in a "Buttery" White Wine Sauce..

Now I am sure some of you are saying WHAT! How can that be healthy? Well after much experimentation I have created a healthier version of that fatty yet delicious meal.  Now I am a sucker for a savory creamy white wine sauce but I know it isn't a fan of my waistline.  By tweaking a few ingredients I have created a distinctively tempting alternative. And because I do not like "diet" tasting foods or lame recreations, I also tasted it against a regular butter white wine recipe.

This recipe is for at least two.  When cooking a single meal just for myself I simply cut the recipe in half.
You Need:
Sauce Pan
Frying Pan

Ingredients:
20-24 peeled shrimp
White Wine (dry) I use Chardonnay
Brummel & Brown
Garlic
Thyme
Basil
Rosemary
Salt & Pepper




  1. To start put 3 Tablespoons of Brummel & Brown in a sauce pan over medium heat.  
  2. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and saute
  3. Add 1 Cup of White Wine  
  • About a 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • About a 1/2 teaspoon Basil
  • About a 1/4 teaspoon Rosemary
  • A pinch of Salt and Pepper
       And Bring to a boil. Then let simmer for a few minutes.

At this point you can do one of to things
1. You can saute your shrimp in the sauce as is or
2. You can thicken the sauce

I like to add a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce up a bit before I add the shrimp.  
To do this add:
  • 1Tablespoon of cornstartch &
  • 1 Tablespoon of cold water in a small  bowl or cup and mix it together
  • Bring the sauce back up to a boil and slowly mix in the cornstarch solution

     4.  Add your peeled shrimp to a frying pan over medium heat


5.  Pour the sauce over the shrimp and saute until cooked 
(nice and pink)

Now again you can do one of two things:

1. Top off a salad with these deliciously flavored shrimp


2. Pour the sauce and shrimp over whole wheat pasta
 Either way... Yum!!

Let me know what you think or if you have other ideas of how you can use this recipe!

Recipe yields 2 servings Each serving has 6 WW Points Plus Value

No comments:

Post a Comment