Monday, August 31, 2015

Homemade Hummus Recipe!

For the longest time I have believed I didn't like hummus, as it turns out I don't like store bought hummus!  After I tasted my stepmother's hummus one day I couldn't get enough.  Ever since then I have been experimenting with crafting the best hummus recipe.  Here is my delicious recipe for  hummus that's flavorful with a tang!



Here is what you need:
2 13.5oz cans of Organic Garbanzo Beans (liquid from one)
1-1.5 Fresh Squeezed Lemons
1 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Liquid Aminos (you can substitute Tamari or Soy Sauce)
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano or 1 tsp dried
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
(for a less zesty flavor you can use regular black pepper)


Place all of your ingredients including the liquid from one can of Garbanzo beans into a food processor or blander until smooth.  You can enjoy the hummus right away or refrigerate for a few hours for a richer flavor.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment